Coconut Custard Pie
I made this for Grandma - unfortunately the store only had a cheap generic pie crust which was awful - but the filling was really good - like the old coconut custard pies - not coconut cream pies. It was also really easy ...
I'm going to try it out without coconut in a graham cracker crust and see how that is
- Single Crust Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Flute edges. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- COMBINE coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, water and vanilla in blender container. Process 1 minute or until blended. Add coconut. Process for 30 seconds. Pour into partially baked pie crust.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Chill 2 hours.
- A deep-dish 9-inch frozen crust can be substituted in this recipe. Allow to thaw at room temperature 10 minutes. Follow directions above to prick with a fork and bake before adding filling.