Silverthyme

A CookBook Recipes & Other Stuff or How to Keep the Kids from Developing Beriberi After They've Moved Away From Home

Friday, January 27, 2017

Dry Rub Chicken

I had about a cup of rub mix from the last time I made ribs - so when I saw this recipe I had to try it! And I think I'll be making it more often - it takes less time than ribs and I do like chicken - and it was moist and falling apart. I'll try the mix that Smitten Kitchen uses for chicken next time - it's just a little bit different.

From : Smitten Kitchen

I used about 2 pounds of chicken breast - this mix should do about 6 pounds - but you can save any extra mix for another time

6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
4 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 tablespoons chili powder
Up to 1 tablespoon ground red pepper (if you like things quite hot) or to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons Kosher salt
Up to 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 300F

Place the chicken on a large piece of foil. Cover with the spice rub and leave the chicken skin side down and make a packet with the foil.

Place on oven rack with a baking sheet underneath to catch any drips  (there shouldn't be any if you wrap the foil tightly)

Bake for 1.5 - 2 hours - 155F

You can then broil the chicken skin side up for about 5 minutes to crisp it up - or just eat it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home