Sangria always reminds me of summer ...
I didn't add brandy this year - because I forgot to buy some - and it seems like this was way too much fruit - so I only added one orange and one apple, a lime and a lemon. I dumped it all in a 1 gallon pitcher and then added ice to fill just before serving.
- 3/4 cup simple syrup, equal parts sugar and water
- 2 bottles red wine - used white merlot, but any red wine will do
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, sliced into thin round
- 2 green apples, cored and sliced thin
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 lime, also sliced
T o make simple syrup - boil water and pour over the sugar to dissolve or boil the water and sugar together - it's simple - either way is fine .... Cool.
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or up to 2 days. Serve over ice.