Silverthyme

A CookBook Recipes & Other Stuff or How to Keep the Kids from Developing Beriberi After They've Moved Away From Home

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Liptauer

I haven't made this since 1970? Actually I only made it that once, but I remembered it was really good - I was reading the New York Times International Cookbook - and came across the recipe. I had an urge to recreate it for Christmas - I won't post it until after you all try it - I know if you knew what was in it (especially the anchovies), you wouldn't touch it ...

It is a nice spread for cocktail rye bread or pumpernickel - or crackers. The ingredients are flexible - except for the butter and cheeses -



0.5 lbs cottage cheese (1 cup)
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick of butter (or leave out the cream cheese and use 2 sticks of butter)
1 tsp dry mustard
3 tablespoons capers
4 anchovy fillets
3 tablespoons caraway seeds
0.5 tsp pepper
2 tablespoons gin (optional)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon chopped chives

Run the cottage cheese through the blender and mash together with room temperature butter and cream cheese - then add everything else and blend together. You can let it ripen for up to a week before serving.

You all ate it - so whatever ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home