Silverthyme

A CookBook Recipes & Other Stuff or How to Keep the Kids from Developing Beriberi After They've Moved Away From Home

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Faux Mashed Potatoes/Cauliflower

Faux Mashed potatoes are a staple of low carb diets - they are simply overcooked cauliflower dressed with all the toppings & additions you would give to mashed or baked potatoes. I've tried several variations - they aren't bad, but they are not potatoes - they are still cauliflower - and I don't really care for overcooked cauliflower.

So I am sitting here pondering how to do the cauliflower for Thanksgiving, which is rapidly approaching. I am thinking I will cook the cauliflower in the usual way - just cut it up and boil for 7 minutes - then perhaps reheat it before serving. Then I can toss it with some seasoned sour cream, and top with some sharp cheddar, garlic chives, and bacon bits.

I'll have to think some more ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home