Silverthyme

A CookBook Recipes & Other Stuff or How to Keep the Kids from Developing Beriberi After They've Moved Away From Home

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Macaroni Salad


Here is another recipe I thought I had posted but I was wrong - I don't really have a recipe except for adding the italian dressing - I just add stuff until it tastes the way I like, it is also good with a few cut up shrimp added ...


INGREDIENTS

  • 8 ounces elbow macaroni (about 1-3/4 cups)
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 2 Tbsp.Italian dressing
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1 cup diced green and red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomato
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion or chives or scallions or leave out (I usually don't add any onions, just a bit of chives)
  • Lemon

DIRECTIONS

  1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and sprinkle with Italian dressing while still warm. Let cool in fridge for a bit.
  2. Combine mayo with macaroni, celery, green pepper, tomato and onion.Squeeze in some lemon to taste - add salt if needed. Set in fridge for a while to mingle flavors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home