Silverthyme

A CookBook Recipes & Other Stuff or How to Keep the Kids from Developing Beriberi After They've Moved Away From Home

Monday, July 24, 2006

Chicken Pot Pie












Ok, I am now finally using my new-found skill as pie-maker and it seemed to work fine - as you can see I had a really large slice ...

2 cups chopped up cooked chicken

2 carrots

2 white potatoes


pastry for a 2 crust pie


anything else you might want to add - peas, celery ... ( stuff like broccoli are too strong, but I suppose you could do a chicken and broccoli one with a light cheese sauce - maybe I should try that some time)

Veloute sauce made with chicken broth (this should be a bit thicker than usual - or you could cheat like Chris and use a can of cream of chicken soup)

Cook the veggies, cut them up, and mix with the chicken. Pour it all in the pie crust, put the top crust on and bake at 400F for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home