Silverthyme

A CookBook Recipes & Other Stuff or How to Keep the Kids from Developing Beriberi After They've Moved Away From Home

Friday, December 21, 2012

Mincemeat Cookies

I love mincemeat - or maybe I just love the idea of mincemeat - I remember mince pies from my great grandmother, but even though I don't really like mince pie - I can't resist buying a jar of mincemeat at Christmas ...

These are nice soft cookies with lots of raisins and apples - nothing special, just really nice cookies. The original recipe was from Taste of Home, I didn't change much - just added some brandy to the mincemeat - these are really quite sweet, so I didn't frost them.


1 cup softened butter (if you use unsalted butter - add 1/4 tsp salt to recipe)

1.5 cups sugar

3 eggs

1 jar (about 29 oz) mincemeat

3.75 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tbsp brandy (optional - to add to mince meat))

1 cup chopped, toasted nuts (walnuts or pecans)


In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add mincemeat; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on to greased or parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home